If you’re currently reading this, then you clearly have an interest in CrossFit. Before you step foot into Champlain Valley CrossFit (CVCF), let us introduce ourselves.
Throughout the world, CrossFit has grown rapidly since CVCF opened in 2010. All CrossFit affiliates are not created equal. Just because the name CrossFit is involved does not mean the product is the same. While we believe we offer the best training experience at Champlain Valley CrossFit, we do believe it is important to shop around. When you choose a doctor, dentist, or vet, do you immediately pick the one that is closest or most convenient, not likely. You pick the one that you know has a good reputation, offers the best service, or has been recommended by a reliable source. We feel the process shouldn’t differ with the gym you choose. We feel strongly that if the gym is your main outlet for fitness, it will have a critical bearing on your health, happiness and longevity, and we believe we offer the best CrossFit facility and service to accomplish an improvement in these aspects of your life.
So why should you choose Champlain Valley CrossFit…
- Champlain Valley CrossFit was the first CrossFit affiliate opened in Chittenden County and the second in the state of Vermont opening in September of 2010. At the time of opening, there were less than 2,000 affiliates in the US. That number is now closing in on 15,000. Champlain Valley CrossFit started small and organically. It started with a desire to take part in a sport/fitness program that wasn’t offered at the time in the area. It’s grassroots, beginning with a few friends training in a garage and at a local park. CVCF grew quickly and moved a few months later into a 2,500 square foot space and now due to our constantly growing community, we train in a 10,000+ square foot facility. Champlain Valley CrossFit was opened because of a passion for CrossFit and a desire to spread its benefits, not to make a quick buck. Champlain Valley CrossFit has nurtured a passionate community of athletes who are driven to create a healthier lifestyle one WOD (workout of the day) at a time.
- Our head coaches have more coaching experience teaching CrossFit classes than any other gym around, with owner and Head Coach Jade Jenny teaching and running over 10,000 classes along with coaching a number of athletes to the elite level of the sport, the CrossFit Games.
- We’ve worked with all ages and sizes: from our kids’ program to some of our athletes that are over 70 and everything in between. From the super fit to completely sedentary, we guide our clients to find personal success and set them down a path that provides the opportunity for constant improvement and betterment of one physical and mental health. While we’ve heard from many in the community that we are known as the competitive CF gym, our average athlete is in their late 30’s, early 40’s and is training for fitness and wellness, not for competition.
- However, if you are looking for that competitive flair, CVCF is the place. We’ve qualified individual athletes and several teams for Regionals and the CrossFit Games in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019. In addition we’ve had plenty of athletes win local competitions around the North East. While our competitive group of athletes is small, some 5% of our athlete base, it is a talented one. If you’re looking to be a competitive CrossFitter, this is the gym for you.
- We understand that everyone has different needs. We’ve spent a lot of time developing a programming template that provides challenges for all of our athletes and allows them to get the most out of their training. You can read about our WOD Paths HERE.
- Our facility is second to none. While it certainly can be said that you don’t need anything fancy to do CrossFit, it’s also nice to have quality equipment and lots of it. Champlain Valley CrossFit is not only the most well equipped facility in Vermont, but one of the best in the country (we are well known for it, and when athletes visit from other areas they’re always wow’ed by our facility). We have everything a CrossFitter needs, not just space, but lots, and lots of gear that allows all athletes in class to work simultaneously.
- Our community is the glue that provides energy and camaraderie essential for training. Our community is the best! We’ve helped hundreds of people become physically and mentally stronger, healthier, and happier. It will only take a matter of time before the habits and lifestyle of the amazing people that train at Champlain Valley CrossFit rub off on you, helping you become healthier, happier, and stronger.
If you work hard and train regularly, CVCF will change your life for the better.
If you’re interested in talking with someone, please shoot us an e-mail and we can setup a time to talk about your goals and give you a tour of our facility. We will help you to invest in your health and happiness. If you already know that this is the place for you, you can check out our Prep Course program and Sign-up HERE.