Champlain Valley CrossFit – Competition: Thursday, January 10th, 2019
*The Open is Coming…And We Won’t Be Participating HERE
**Be aware we’re making a programming shift on the competition programming. We just worked through a traditional 12 week Olympic Lifting cycle. We will be moving away from percentage work, as well as moving towards more CrossFit Olympic work, with an emphasis on Battery Work and Barbell cycling. You can also expect to see a little uptick in gymnastics work moving forward. This structure will stay in place for the next 12-16 weeks until it warms up and we can get outside.
The goal should be as much as possible of the following below. Thanks to CrossFit Invictus for posting this.
25-40 minutes of one of the following performed at 60-70% effort – easy, restorative pace:
* Swim (this is my first choice, and if you have an ocean, even better)
* Row (focus on mechanics, smooth and efficient with a very low stroke per minute pace)
* AirDyne (keep the pace conversational and relaxed)
* Cycling (get outdoors and enjoy the scenery as you ride)
* Hike (nothing crazy here, find a nice easy slope and go for a walk outdoors)
NOTE ABOUT ACTIVE RECOVERY – The activity selected must be restorative for you. It can also be an opportunity to work on a skill (like swimming or rowing), but the effort expended should leave you feeling energized at the end of the session, not depleted. I would also always prefer to see active recovery done as soon after rising as possible on the active recovery days. It’s an opportunity to start some blood flowing and aid your recovery.
Mobility and Maintenance
* Choose 1-2 Thoracic Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
* Choose 2-3 Lower Body Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 10-12 minutes with them.
* Choose 1-2 Upper Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
– AND/OR –
* Body work from a licensed body worker (ART, Graston, acupuncture, etc…)
* This could be a lot of things, but think in terms of compression, contrast baths, salt baths, castor oil packs, etc….
* Ensure that you have quality foods prepared in the appropriate quantities to fuel your efforts for the remainder of the week.
* Different for everyone – could be meditation or could be gathering with friends; the key is to engage in activities that make your life full and help you recharge your batteries.
* Movements for Friday…
– Fitness – Bench Press + Utility + Trunk – Wall Ball + Dumbbell Snatch + Knees-up
– Sport/Competition – Snatch/Clean and Jerk – Wall Ball + Dumbbell Snatch + Knees-up
For results post detailed weights, reps, times, thoughts, etc. for all work completed HERE