*As many of you already know one of our members Eric Rozendaal passed away earlier this week due to a heart attack. An amazing guy, full of life, love, and happiness that we lost too soon. We’ll be doing a workout in his memory next Saturday, the 21st. You can read more about him HERE.
**Coach Nate will be taking off early August. He wanted us to drop this note up for everyone on the website.
“As much as I have enjoyed the last six years being a part of the CVCF community, it is time for a change in scenery. I initially joined in 2011, and have met some of the best people in my life at the gym. I have participated in multiple competitions, seminars, and lifestyle changes. Jade allowed me the opportunity to begin coaching all you wonderful people in 2012. Coaching has been one of the best experiences I could have asked for. I have learned countless lessons and have made life long friends while doing so. Jill and I will be getting married in August, and moving to Santa Fe in September. August 6th will be my last day coaching. We would love to get together with you all before we head out of town. Please join us at Foam Brewery downtown this Saturday, July 21st at 6:30 PM to cheers the last seven years. All are welcome!
The goal should be as much as possible of the following below. Thanks to CrossFit Invictus for posting this.
25-40 minutes of one of the following performed at 60-70% effort – easy, restorative pace:
* Swim (this is my first choice, and if you have an ocean, even better)
* Row (focus on mechanics, smooth and efficient with a very low stroke per minute pace)
* AirDyne (keep the pace conversational and relaxed)
* Cycling (get outdoors and enjoy the scenery as you ride)
* Hike (nothing crazy here, find a nice easy slope and go for a walk outdoors)
NOTE ABOUT ACTIVE RECOVERY – The activity selected must be restorative for you. It can also be an opportunity to work on a skill (like swimming or rowing), but the effort expended should leave you feeling energized at the end of the session, not depleted. I would also always prefer to see active recovery done as soon after rising as possible on the active recovery days. It’s an opportunity to start some blood flowing and aid your recovery.
Mobility and Maintenance
* Choose 1-2 Thoracic Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
* Choose 2-3 Lower Body Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 10-12 minutes with them.
* Choose 1-2 Upper Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
– AND/OR –
* Body work from a licensed body worker (ART, Graston, acupuncture, etc…)
* This could be a lot of things, but think in terms of compression, contrast baths, salt baths, castor oil packs, etc….
* Ensure that you have quality foods prepared in the appropriate quantities to fuel your efforts for the remainder of the week.
* Different for everyone – could be meditation or could be gathering with friends; the key is to engage in activities that make your life full and help you recharge your batteries.
* Movements for Friday…
– Fitness – Push/Pull/Trunk – Air Squat + Ring Row + Ball Slam
– Sport/Competition – Clean + Jerk – Air Squat + Pull-up + Power Snatch
For results post detailed weights, reps, times, thoughts, etc. for all work completed HERE