User Recipes

beeps January 23, 2011 8:26 PM

I made BBQ pulled pork tonight in the pressure cooker. It was AWESOME!! The BBQ recipe I used is listed below. I’m sure this would work well in a slow cooker too! – Betsy

6 oz tomato paste
1 c water
3 cloves garlic
1/2 onion chopped finely
1 tsp salt
2 tblsp dijon mustard
2 tblsp apple cider vinegar
1 tblsp EVOO
2 tblsp chili powder

kim January 28, 2011 9:13 AM

Paleo Pad Thai Soup

In a soup pot, sauté one large chopped onion in a bit of olive oil for 20 minutes. Add 16 ounces of chicken stock and 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk. Add 2 cups each of chopped carrot, celery, sweet bell pepper, sliced mushrooms, and cubed raw or cooked chicken. Simmer 15 minutes. Add 5 minced garlic cloves, 2 teaspoons curry powder, 1 tablespoon freshly minced ginger, and chili seasoning to taste. Add 2 cups fresh spinach. Serve steaming soup topped with fresh mint, toasted unsweetened coconut, and toasted cashews. Serves 4-6.

Paleo Porcupines: for dessert, peel and split a banana in half; slice again length-wise. Drizzle best quality almond butter over the bananas. Roll in toasted sunflower seeds.

christopher January 29, 2011 9:27 PM

1 1/3 cup Dates
1 cup Walnuts
4 Tbs Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Vanilla

Dump into a food processor, hit the big button that say ON. Process the food…roll with fingers into little “balls” also known as Fudge Babies…chill and serve.

beeps February 6, 2011 8:41 AM

Paleo Almond Pumpkin Muffins. These are delisious!! If you’re craving a baked-good, these will satisfy you. Enjoy – Betsy

Ingredients
1 cup Natural, Unblanched Almond Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 cup Canned Pumpkin
1/4 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
4 tbsp Cinnamon
2 Eggs, Large
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tbsp Almond Butter
1 cup Raisins
2 tbsp Coconut
1/4 cup Chopped Walnuts
1 tbsp Olive Oil

Directions
Heat oven to 375 degrees
Beat eggs. Add to the eggs all other wet ingredients except olive oil. No need for a mixer just stir till combined. In a separate bowl mix together the almond flour, baking soda and baking powder. Add the wet and dry ingredients together then add the raisins, walnuts and coconut. Stir. Grease muffin tin with olive oil (I poured a little in each muffin hole and that worked well) Divide evenly into 11 muffins. Bake at 375 for 18 minutes. Store in the refrigerator for longer lasting muffins.

*** Note
They won’t seem like they are done, but go ahead and pull them out.