Prep Course Sign-up
You’re interested in starting CrossFit and more specifically joining Champlain Valley CrossFit. You’ve come to the right place, below you’ll find all of the info needed to get started with.
Since Champlain Valley CrossFit Opened in 2010 we’ve been continually evolving every aspect of our business, from how our classes are run, to changes in how we structure workouts, and changing the way we intro new athletes to our facility. We’ve done large groups, we’ve done small groups, we’ve done privates, we’ve done a couple of intensive sessions, and we’ve done drawn out 4 week long Prep Course sessions. We’ve learned a lot with all of this and are really excited to roll-out our new Prep Course program for 2019.
First and foremost, why an Intro program? In short, because we want you to be successful. You may be reading this, contemplating joining your first gym, you could also be reading this contemplating joining your 5th, 10th, maybe even 20th gym. Regardless of where you fall, we want this to be the last gym you join. We truly want our clients to be successful, and being successful for you, means us taking the time to learn about you, get an idea of your past, your current lifestyle habits, where you want to go, what your goals are. This will give us the information to guide you in the best possible manner, and it will also help give you as an athlete some insight into what you actually need to do to get the results you want…this allows both parties to be knowledgeable and accountable for your success, and gives us some finite goals, themes, objectives, and recommendations to help you be as successful as possible in your health and fitness endeavors. This isn’t a gym where the employees barely know your name and have no idea about who you are, what your goals etc, etc. We are the complete opposite of that, and we truly want to see you succeed.
What does our Prep Course program look like? For 2019 we’ve moved to a truly personable Prep Course program that we believe will set you up to be as successful and prepared as possible for your fitness and health endeavors at Champlain Valley CrossFit.
Our Prep Course program looks like this…
- 30 minute Consultation with your Prep Course Coach. Here we’re looking to learn about you, what your past fitness endeavors are, do you have any injuries, do you have any specific goals, what are you eating habits like, etc. etc. (this can be done in conjunction with your first instructional session if desired).
- 4 x 1 Hour Private Training Sessions. These are where you will cover the fundamental movements we use in the gym. While you won’t cover everything we do, you’ll cover the building blocks to get you started on your path to success at Champlain Valley CrossFit. These sessions will give you a how and why for the movements covered, as well as allow your Prep Course Coach to get some eyes on you, how you move, where you might be limited, etc.
- First Class. Just as it says, get to your first class. Your Prep Course Coach will walk through the entire class with you. They won’t be teaching the class, they will be there specifically to guide you through the class so you can get a feel for how things run.
- Group PT Class on How to Keep Your Body Healthy. Once a month (the last Thursday @ 6:40 PM) our in house PT, Erin Adams from Fit2Perform, runs a class on self care practices for all of our new clients that have started in the given month. This session will give you some insight into how to care for your body outside of training as well as where you might be limited from a flexibility/mobility standpoint.
- 6 and 12 month Check-In. Your Prep Course Coach will do a check-in either face-to-face, phone call, or e-mail with you at 6 months and 12 months from your initial start date to see how things are going and help provide you with guidance and direction towards your goals.
This comprehensive and intimate introductory to CrossFit has been designed to set you up for maximal success. You may think this seems a little overboard, you’re just looking to workout right? Sure, but spending just a half dozen hours to get in the door can truly help set you up for years of progress and success, and you’ll be that much better for it. We want to see you get fitter, stronger, leaner, happier, healthier, and we believe our Prep Course program is the most in depth and most developed around.
The cost for our intro program is $300. This includes all of the above, along with a free 1-month unlimited membership that is initiated at your first 1-on-1 session (a $165 value). Our goal is to get you through the Prep Course program in a 7-10 day time frame so that you can maximize use of the free month included in this package.
If you’re interested in starting an amazing new health and fitness journey with us please e-mail us HERE and we’ll get you going as soon as we can.
If you have any questions please feel free to call or e-mail us. In the meantime as a prospective member we feel it is beneficial to read this article to learn a little more about Champlain Valley CrossFit and watch the videos below to get an idea of what you should expect from our gym.
*A side note that to join our “Sweat” classes you do not need to go through our Fundamentals program. Fundamentals is only required if you would like to participate in CrossFit Classes. With that said, our clients who have reaped the most rewards and had the most success have all gone through the Fundamentals program regardless of whether they take CrossFit Classes or just “Sweat” classes.